The Mentoree offers its community the opportunity to participate in 1:1 Mentorship experiences as professional learning to strengthen teacher efficacy and well-being.
The 1:1 Mentorship is open to educators around the world who want to contribute to a vibrant community of professional learning. Every teacher deserves the opportunity to connect with the mentors they need to evolve their pedagogy and feel better equipped to teach their learners. The Mentoree promotes professional learning, teacher well-being, and efficacy to impact student achievement through self-directed mentorship relationships. Both Mentors and Mentees can search the to find an educator with whom they want to work. Registered Mentors and Mentees can connect with and learn from each other on their time and in their way.
Mentors have volunteered their time to be available for 1:1 Mentorship. Registered Mentors also have the opportunity to lead in different aspects of the community.
What You Get
Mentors get the opportunity to :
- connect with and build a relationship with a Mentee
- develop their skills as collaborators, consultants, and coaches (working fluidly between the 3C’s as identified by Wellman, Humbard and Lipton, 2003)
- share knowledge and experiences in ways that will contribute to another educator’s personal and professional growth
What You Give
- their willingness and time to be contacted by and connected to a Mentee
- their skills as collaborators, consultants, and coaches (working fluidly between the 3C’s as idenitified by Wellman, Humbard and Lipton, 2003)
Mentees are passionate educators who have identified a learning need and would like to connect with a Mentor. Mentees are interested in learning from and teaching others to support their professional and personal growth.
What You Get
Mentees get the opportunity to:
- build a relationship with a Mentor
- learn from your Mentor
- find inspiration and support
What You Give
Mentees who register with 1:1 Mentorship Community are interested in connecting with potential Mentors for the purpose of learning. When a mutually agreeable connection is made, Mentees give their time to learn with their chosen Mentor.
How do I join?
Joining is simple!
Click on the button below and complete our Orientation. You will then be directed to the “Community” area where you will able to create your profile as a Mentor, Mentee or both! We’re so excited to help you get started on your mentorship journey!
Office in Thornhill
115 Ventura Way, Thornhill, Ontario, L4J7T4
Get in Touch